Sunday, February 8, 2015

Luke 8 : 11-15

Luke 8:11-15 NKJV

“Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.  But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away.  Now the ones that fell among thorns are those who, when they have heard, go out and are choked with cares, riches, and pleasures of life, and bring no fruit to maturity.  But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience.

Theme- perseverance

When I first looked at these verses I thought how in the world does this tie in with perseverance but, then I thought back to my my life and figured it out. So this will be me connecting this parable to my life.

So the seed that fell on the rocks reminds me of every single missions trip I've been on. For me, when I went on a missions trip I would be so excited to hear the lord speak to me and I would except it with an open heart as a broken person that needed to be fixed. But when I got home it would just wear off over time, and i go back into my old routine of smoking weed and just not caring about growing my relationship with God.

With the seed that fell among the thorns, I believe this to be most of what my life was. Mission trips come only once in a while but, church was two sometimes three days a week, and I smoke every single weekend. So I recieved the word of God but, I would never get anything from it because I would just keep falling back into "cares, riches, and pleasures of life".

Finally I'll say something good, the seeds that fell upon the good soil. This started happening in my life, when God put potter's field ministries on my heart and, to do the ignite program I'm involved in right now. And ever since I was telling everyone I knew before I even sent my application in that I will be going to Guatemala. Everything started to change for the better. So I started to hear "the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience." I believe me being here is only proof of that.

My application- when I see someone that is looking down I go to them and encourage them to stick in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment