Saturday, January 31, 2015

I Peter 1 : 22 NKJV

I Peter 1:22 NKJV

Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart,

Theme-love

To end this theme week with this verse I think it's absolutely perfect. It really does a good job putting together all the aspects of love. First, " Since you have purified your souls" love has to come through Christ or it is dead. Secondly, "obey the truth" you have to stay in the truth which is the word of God to under stand what love truly is. Lastly, " love one another fervently with a pure heart"  this is the fulfillment of the law.

I believe that purifying your heart is thd first step to love. Love is a verb and that means works must be done in order for you to love. And the bible says something like good works are dead without Christ being the reason for you to be doing that work. So without God in your heart all works to show love are dead and, if he isn't the reason for you to show love then it is also dead. But if Christ is the reason for you to love then you will be blessed for the glory of God.

Obeying the truth is where you learn to love. Without the word you would know nothing about true love because,  it show what Christ did for you and shat the Father was willing to give for you and I. They represented true love, God the Father was willing to give up His Son for a bunch of sinners, imperfect people and me. Jesus Christ was obedient and willing to be wrongly accused, beaten and tortured, then hung on a cross to die for us. That is true love and without obeying the truth we would never know what true loved looked like.

"Love one another fervently with a pure heart", this is what we strive to do, fullfill the greastest commandment. When Jesus Christ died on that cross for us He fullfilled the law and gave us a command that we cannot fullfill and that is to love your neighbor as yourself. I know i will never be able to fullfill this low God has given us but I want to strive to do so for the rest of my days. Though I will never fullfill it and pay God back for what he did for me but, the least I can do is dedicate the rest of my life towards achieving that. This is my application.

No comments:

Post a Comment