Sunday, February 8, 2015

Colossians 1 : 11

Colossians 1:11 NIV

being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience,

Colossians 1:11 NKJV

strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy;

Theme - perseverance

We will be strengthened with His might and, sometimes that isn't enough for me. I knew this since I've been a kid but, that didn't stop me from shutting people out of the group or talking behind someones back. And going back to yesterday's verse Luke 21:19 NIV "Stand firm, and you will win life." That hit my heart hard, I've shut out so many people, when I should habe been letting them in and lifting them up. But instead I did the opposite. That convicted me a lot when I put these verses together, God is willing to strengthen you when you are in the time of need, so let Him. And I'm still not perfect at letting people in and I never will be but, I can ask that God will put in those situations more so I can get better at. And that will allow me to become more like Him.

"For all patients and longsuffering with joy," that hit me hard too. I've been good with being "patients" I thought but, then I did my virtue paper on it and learned that longsuffering was patients. It's the patience that you aren't willing to do or don't care for waiting for something. But it's when you suffer and have to be patient, that was eye opening. Doing the Ignite program was something I always wanted to do and, I'm so happy I am. But I am that person that wants to be there for everyone and make sure the are ok. I wanted to there for everyone when they needed an ear to talk to and, when they need advice I'd be there. But God stipped that from me and i thought it would be a lot harder then it is. Don't get me wrong it's still hard but, with God's hand on those people back at home and here with me as I learn all this new stuff, I can do it with Joy in my heart.

"giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light." This is verse 12 and to me its just are great encouragement to be that much more faithful in the Lord.

Application- pray that God puts me in the situation to let people in the group and not talk behind their back, and pray for those back at home, that I used to pour into and ask God to have them replace me with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment