Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Luke 3 : 14

Luke 3:14 NKJV

Likewise the soldiers asked him, saying, “And what shall we do?” So he said to them, “Do not intimidate anyone or accuse falsely, and be content with your wages.”

Theme - contentment

When I read the context of this verse I was even more confused, thenwhen I just looked at the verse alone. Then I thought what it means to be baptized and I see that when you get baptized you become of servant of Christ. And when a servant of Christ gets any kind of authority, he doesn't take advantage of his authority, so that he may increase his wages. Now some leaders do this but thier heart isn't truly after God, if they only "follow" him for the money.

I also look at the last part of this verse, “Do not intimidate anyone or accuse falsely, and be content with your wages.” and see that we are no better then the person next to us. Like say if your at work, a good boss isn't someone that just sits there and tells you what to do because he can. But he either shows you how to do it and helps you do it or does it because he doesn't need someone to do it. He leads by example, he does things because they need to be done, not tell others because he can, but he shows humility and compassion. 

We must be more like Christ, He had authority over the heavens and earth and still got on His knees so that he was able to was His disciples feet. The only human to have that kind of power over everything and, wash feet. I know for a fact if I had that power, washing some else's feet would be the last thing I would be doing. So for me I just want to walk into ever room thinking that everyone in there is way more important than me. Serve with humility and if I'm ever given power or authority over anyone, I want to be able to say God is happy with how I was a leader. And say that I served with humility,  compassion, and love.

Application - pray that God will break me and tell me that He is willing to rebuild me.

No comments:

Post a Comment