Wednesday, February 25, 2015

1 Timothy 6 : 6-8

I Timothy 6:6-8 NKJV

Now godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content.

Theme- contentment

When I think of the word content I think be happy with what you have already or what has been given to you. I believe that this is true when it comes to becoming a disciple because, a disciple will follow Christ wherever He goes. Not Christ follow me wherever I go. And so if Christ tells you to go or do something do it, why? One He knows best, He has a plan and we can at the least is be a part of it. And that is the meaning of being disciples, Jesus told His disciples, "But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” and God told Abram, "And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”. So as follower of Christ it's our job to go wherever and do whatever He desires of us.

I can think of a lot of opportunities that I missed out on because, I didn't listen to Him. It truly is a missed opportunity because, when you do listen to Him something magical happens every time even if you don't know it. I remember one time I listen to God and, He whispered in my ear to sign up for a missions trip that was already book but, I was the first person on ths waiting list. So I waited two frustrating weeks until God let me I was going. My brother was playing football with someone that was on the trip and talked him awkwardly and, the kid broke his arm, so God allowed me to go. That is why I'm here in Guatemala because that missions trip was to El Salvador and is where I fell in love with kids and potter's field ministries.

The hard thing after that was having to wait till I graduated high school to come here. I had to be content with what God had for me while I was still in high school, even though I didn't make the best decision. I now have a better understanding on why God need me at home for that period of time. He tought me be content with what I have and He will bless you.

Application - when i don't now why He is doing what He is, pray!


No comments:

Post a Comment