Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Hebrews 13 : 17

Hebrews 13:17 NKJV

Theme- Obedience

Obey those who rule over you, and be submissive, for they watch out for your souls, as those who must give account. Let them do so with joy and not with grief, for that would be unprofitable for you.

The first I think of when I read this verse are all thise stupid rules that don't make any sense. These rules are important ones I learned after going through a lot of frustration, when I started working for my dad's business. I grew up by doing anything safe or not, so that's how I started working. But did I quickly learn after being yelled at a lot by my dad and uncles, that being reckless outside of work is different then here at work because if I got here we could be sewed or they will have to pay workman's comp. So I learned that listening to those little stupid rules may even say your life and not give you many earaches from getting yelled at.

In a way I feel that this can apply with our relationship with God, it can just about sum up all the bad decision I made. Like if you heard me talk qbout my past, and the bad decisions I've made y'all can pretty much just figure it out. Whenever did one of those things God would let me know that He's watching, and I'd make up so stupid excuse why it's ok to do whatever I was doing. Like, "ohh its ok he's doing it, so why can't I", or "they won't even notice it's gone, so whats the big deal", or "But it will make them happy". Those are just some of the stupid things i would say to God.

So what ultimately get out of this is that God is only whatching over us, like any good father would. He only wants what is best for us, and being all knowing, I think it makes sense to listen. And this verse says, to submissive to the one that rules over you, and God rules over all things in heaven and earth. So we shall submit our entire beings to live for Him and Him alone.

Application - ask God to help me to submit everything to Him

No comments:

Post a Comment