Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Acts 5 : 29

Acts 5:29 NKJV

But Peter and the other apostles answered and said: “We ought to obey God rather than men.

Theme - obedience

This is the verse that convicts me the most. Why listen to man that are sinful men when you have a direct connection with the one who created all things by talking, and can give you advice that will help you win life. This is convicting to me because whe. I was in school all I wanted was to be accepted and make people happy, so I would listen to what they had to say and would adjust my life. I'd do whatever they would do and what they said, because is was so called "cool". Why? Because I was a sinner that lives in a world that being an outsider isn't acceptable.

But then when I became a sinner that loves the Lord God Almighty, and learned that He wants the outsiders to make a huge impact on people (the cool people). He doesn't care what we've done and He doesn't want us to change because that what society is telling us we have to do, but change because of what God tells us in His word. So I learned that listening to what other sinnersthat live in the world have say about what I should do is no where even close to how good what God has to tell me. He gives me words of that will only lead to life and prosperity, when people that live in the world give me nothing but things that will lead me to destruction.

Application - pray for the outsiders in schools and at work that feel that they are the only christian in the world, that they just get encourage by the Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment