Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Ephesians 6 : 1 and collosians 3 : 20

Ephesians 6:1 NKJV

Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.

Colossians 3:20 NKJV

Children, obey your parents in all things, for this is well pleasing to the Lord.

Theme - obedience

This was always a verse my parents would refer to when I was disobedient, so heard this a God amount of times as a kid. Jesus tells us to obey his every command and right them on the tablet of our hearts in proverbs 3, God is also our father in heaven. I was a very lucky child to have both parents,  and they both love the Lord with all their hearts. But I love to see these few words in ephesians 6:1, ".. obey your parents in the Lord.." if your parents aren't glorifying God in what they do, listen to go "obey your parents in the Lord" . God doesn't want you to obey Him, because ultimately are goal in life is to do what we can on earth to please God, and then gain life and be with our heavenly father.

I love in Colossians 3:22 it says, "Bondservants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh, not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but in sincerity of heart, fearing God.". We are bondservants of Christ we obey Him before anything else. A bondservant is a person that loves his master so much let he dedicates his life to his master until death. Jesus Christ is our Master and we shall dedicate our life to Him until death when we gain His permission to join Him in heaven. A bondservant obeys everything his master says, so when Jesus tells us to do something, we do it. Unlike our earthly parents God is perfect and knows all, so we obey Him before anyone.

Obedience was usaully really hard for me when I was in school. Because I would be hear something from people at school and they would contradict everything my parent said, but I'm was in a dangerous profession, I was a people pleaser. The job a lot of people said was impossible to do forever, but I pulled it off, so I thought. Until I started to lying to my parents, and putting my "so called friends" above them. Is when being a people pleaser got just a little bit harder. Then when I just out right stopped obeying my parents, is when my job in the people pleasing business was over. But I tried to please all my "so called friends" and my church friends by putting on different masks depending on who I was with. Not until Jesus wake me up to reality is when I relized, I can't do this anymore,  and dropped everything at His feet.

Applications - aks God for guidance so when I start disobeying Him, he will set me straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment