Wednesday, February 25, 2015

John 14 : 15-16

John 14:15-16 NKJV

“If you love Me, keep My commandments.  And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever

Theme- obedience

So this is a good one, and a tough one, and really convicting. Starting out with the first four words, “If you love Me..", wow thats crazy. I love the lord with all my heart, soul, and strength (Deuteronomy 6:5), but thats rough because I'm still a sinner and make a lot of mistakes. And this say if we love God we should obey everything He commands, and I don't always do that. So do I really love God if I don't always obey His commands? "Yes", because we all sin and even those who were anointed by God still sinned like David and king Saul. He asked us for perfection, so His son gave it to Him. No matter what we do we will never be perfect, but because of thr blood of Christ we are seen as perfect in the eyes of God.

And in verse 16 He says, "And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever...". He tells us that He will give us a Helper, He will give us the Holy Spirit, and it will abide in us forever. How amazing is that not only will He shed His own Son's blood for us, so that we are seen as perfect. But also give us a helper to face the challenges that we will face, and also help us strive to keep all of His commands.

Application - when God tells me to love someone that I believe is hard to love, just be obedient

No comments:

Post a Comment