Friday, March 20, 2015

Philippians 3 : 9

Philippians 3:9 NKJV

and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith;

Theme - sacrifice

Philippians 3:8, "Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ" I'm verse 8 here, because it is a continues into verse 9.

So in verse 8 you can see it talks about whatever we go through, whatever we have to give up can't be compared to what we get when we get in Christ. So what I see here in verse 9 is not having any righteousness, and all the righteousness is for which is from God by faith. We don't deserve righteousness, because look at what we do, look at our sin. We are only cleansed when we have faith that Christ is in us. Which only came to us by the greatest sacrifice of them all. I see that the least I can do is sacrifice my pride, personally. I have a hard time throughing down my pride for the glory of God, and keep myself good in the eye's of men. When all I should care about is what God is seeing in my heart, and what others are seeing of Christ through my actions. We are called to be more like Christ everyday, and as I was reminded during bible study that all we must do, and the gospel will spread as the Lord leads me. I need less of people's acceptance, and more of Christ being happy how I'm proclaiming his name. There are multiple things I give righteousness to, and leave little for Christ.

Through people who God is using in my life, He has been showing me things I must sacrifice to Him, so that I will give Him all the righteousness. Like, Paul said in verse 8, he calls all of the things he lost, "rubbish", in other words its worthless. That's how I see it, so thinking about it why give righteousness to things that are worthless, it doesn't make sense.

Application- right down a list of things I need to stop giving righteousness to and burn it, just so I can see those thkngs become ash, and see them as worthless.

No comments:

Post a Comment