Sunday, March 15, 2015

Luke 17 : 8

Luke 17:8 NKJV

But will he not rather say to him, ‘Prepare something for my supper, and gird yourself and serve me till I have eaten and drunk, and afterward you will eat and drink’?

Theme - servant

So in yesterday's verse you see God's response, and what He would do to for His workers or servants. But here you see man's response to his servants. For man, its all about me how can I be served?, how can I feel better?, and how will I be most comfortable? Its always self centered when it comes to man. But look at it as the servants view, he is just doing his job, and wants to make his master proud. So doing what his master wishes is what the servant wants to do. We are called to be bondservants for Christ, bondservants choose there master. So when we accept Christ into our heart we are asking him to allow us to be bondservants for Him. So when Christ asks us to do something we shouldn't second guess Him, because all we are supposed to do is make our Master happy.

John 13:16-17 "Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him. If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them." We are not better than Christ, so we should ever question our Master. Being a bondservant is a big decisions, and the Master is supposed to take care of His servants, and God promises us this in John 13:17, "If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them." He say He will bless us as long as we know our position as a servant and under thay we aren't better then Christ. A bondservant only chooses to be a bondservant when he know verse 16. You know that you as a servant of God, aren't and never will be better than Christ.

Something that Pastor Art said hit me, and convicted me. When we serve we always look for a reward, we should never look for that reward, because we are not in the position to deserve a reward. But, when we serve the Lord whole heartedly, He says when we serve whole heartedly, we deserve eternal life.

Application - memorize this verse so that when I think my idea is better then Christ, I can remember this and know Christ is a whole lot smarter than me. And I just don't think about this as much as I should, and even though it seems so obvious I feel like a lot of us over look this fact way to much.

No comments:

Post a Comment