Sunday, March 15, 2015

Acts 2 : 46-47

Acts 2:46-47 NKJV

So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.

Theme - unity

This is a good ending to this chapter, because it shows the fruit that can come from unity. I think the two word  "continuing daily", are so important, because it references back to Acts 2:42 "And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers." This is important, because one they talk about it twice so it shows you the importance. Two its a good reminder to be in our devotions daily. We must be in the word everyday, and night the bible says. We are like babies, every baby needs to be fed, and taken cared of. We are the same way, every day we need to read the bible so we can adjust our living style, and be fed the word of life.

I also think it is important to look at the atitude the people had in this verse, "...with gladness and simplicity of heart,..." this is important because it reminds us how we should be in time of rejoicing. Now I know it might sound weird when I say, "in time of rejoicing." But I feel that a lot of us has a hardened heart when it comes to rejoicing sometimes. One, because the attention might not be on ourself, but we need to remember that the attention should never be on us. Only on the one that is working through us, so we shouldn't be looking for our own glory but how that this may glorified God. Secondly, this is the attitude we should have in our everyday walk, and I know thats not always going to happen because we are all sinners. But its important to be able to look at something, and say, " I'm going to strive to do the best I can."

Lastly,  "And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved." So, I believe this is the fruit from this passage. When all this is present in our live, I believe we live out Philippians 2:15, "that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world,". This tells us that we will, "shine as a light in the world. " So as these christians worshipped together in unity they shined a light so bright unbelievers couldn't deny Christ's testimony.

Application - sorry for doing the same as yesterday, but I liked it because it convicted me of a couple things that I said yesterday. So after prayer class I thought of what prayer was in Spanish and wrote it on my wrist. I did it in Spanish so I remember to pray for Guatemala, expecially Antigua, and it remindeds me of the 11 reasons to pray, expecially for untiy in a church family.

No comments:

Post a Comment