Friday, March 20, 2015

Philippians 3 : 12-13

Philippians 3:12-13 NKJV

Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I  do,  forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,

Theme - sacrifice

In verse 12 I think Paul is talking about dying to self the highest sacrifice we can give to our Lord Jesus Christ. He knows that when he goes to heaven God the Father will see he as perfect, but to continue to sacrifice his whole being for the testimony of Jesus Christ. He says, "...but I press on...", no matter what happens to him he knows that it will be all worth it, because of what was waiting for him in heaven. So I tell you "press on" for Christ Himself is preparing a mansion for you in heaven.

In verse 13 it says, "... forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,...", when we accept Christ the book in heaven that had our sins written in it, is thrown into the fire, and doesn't come back. God sees as perfect, so when Paul says, "... forgetting those things which are behind...", I believe that is what we do. Plan and simple when it comes to the past, drop it, forget about it, only use it to share the testimony God gave you. Then Paul says, "...reaching forward to those things which are ahead,...". I can say it any better then, look forward to what God wants to in your life. Also, sometimes He will call you to do things that may be scary, I encourage you to look back at the testimony God gave you and see what He did for you, what He saved you from, and as a women from my church always told me, "Do it scared". Do it because God is the one calling you to do something.

Application - pray that when I'm faced with representing Christ, I stand firm

No comments:

Post a Comment