Sunday, March 15, 2015

Acts 2 : 43

Acts 2:43 NKJV

Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles.

Acts 2:43 NIV

Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles.

Theme- unity

Acts 2:42 "They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer." I wanted to start with yesterday's verse, because I believe if teaching, fellowship, breaking of bread, and prayer continues in our daily walk with the Lord as a team or family, like the apostles. God will work wonders through us, Acts 19:11 "Now God worked unusual miracles by the hands of Paul,". God worked... is the most important part in the verse. Paul didn't do anything, besides staying faithful in the Lord. As a team if we stay faith to the Lord, and continue to do those four things listed in verse forty-three, I believe God will work through us.

As we were praying about broken families, I thought of unity and how it holds families together. My family didn't always have unity, and that's one of the reasons why a lot of our relationships fell apart. Like my brothers ex-girlfriend, we allowed her to overcome the unity, and friendship I had with my brother, and when she left it left our relationship in ruins. Nothing good comes out of ruins, unless God is the one rebuilding it. Trust me I know, its easy to tell apart a relationship that was built by man, and one by God. The one built by man falls apart, and there is no fruit from it. But the one's God puts together, there is much fruit, and a lot of glory go to God. And the relationship is built of unity, and nothing can separate it.

Application - take 20 minutes and pray for every person in class 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment