Sunday, March 15, 2015

1 corinthians 9 : 19

I Corinthians 9:19 NKJV

For though I am free from all men,  I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more;

Theme - servant

I believe that when Paul wrote this he didn't really mean to a servant to like he was a servant to Christ. But a serbamt that brings food and water to his master when asked for it, so Paul brought them the gospel which is the blood of Christ representing the drink, and the flesh representing the bread at the Passover. I Corinthians 9:23 "Now this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I may be partaker of it with you." Paul only did this for the sake of the gospel,  for the sake of Christ's testimony. And in 1 corinthians 9:20-22, talks about adapting to the different people he word preach the gospel to. Like in our culture, and perspective classes, we talked about things that mean different where we are going then we know them as in the States. Also, how you would talk to someone that has heard the word would be different then talking to someone that hasn't. So as a servant we should do anything we can for the sake of the gospel being spread, so that we may take part in the reward God gives us fpr doing so with those we spread it to.

So I see it as if God tells me to reach out to someone I will do whatever I have to, to give them the gospel. But make sure God is in the work, so I don't go into somethimg God isn't in, because that can be really bad and terrifying when Christ isn't in what your doing. So lets say you are trying to lift 2000 pounds, and you say to the Lord Almighty, "I got this, you just stand over there, and watch hpw it's done." Know that that when you try lifting that on your own with only your power, you will fail. This is the same thing if you try doing something for the Lord without Him wanting you to do so.

Applications - give 30 minutes to the Lord in pray

No comments:

Post a Comment