Friday, January 30, 2015

I Jonh 4 : 10 NKJV

Theme - love

"In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His Son to be the propitation for our sins."
1 John 4:10

From reading the verses before and after you'll see that God is love and if you do not know love you do not know God. God calls us to be a loving servant, and in verse 8 it says, "He who does not love does not know God, for God is love." God gave us love so why dont we love others. We are the reason God had to put His Son on the cross to die for us, and yet he loved us and still does.

What this single verse tells me is that, no matter what we do to show how we love God, it will repay what God did for us. Would you ever give up your son to help the sheep get back to the Shepard? My answer is no and I believe if your honest with yourself, yours will be the same. In this verse it says, "...not that we loved God, but that He loved us..." it's not about how we love or what we do to love but, its all how He loves and what He has done.

We must love like God loved, so if someone does me wrong in the future I won't hold them a countable because, it's not about putting yourself in an authoritative position over them and judge them on what they've done. But to represent Christ in the right way, and that is to love others like He loves us and in that way we will know Christ even more. Applications, do not say those things that might get under peoples skin and I hope all of you can help me with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment