Friday, January 30, 2015

Romans 13 : 10 NKJV

Romans 13:10 NKJV

Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

In the last part of verse nine it quotes "love your neighbor as yourself". And then in verse ten it says, "Love does no harm to a neighbor.." So you would never bring harm to yourself on purpose, so it makes sense not to bring harm onto others. Right? I'm not just talking about physical harm but, emotional harm as well. Like the bible says something like, if someone strikes you on the cheek turn them the other one and offer it to them. But I believe emotional harm is the one that hits me hard. I could be saying something out of fun but it could hit the heart of someone else. So what I get from this is that be careful of what you do for it may hurt someone else.

In the last part of this verse it says, "therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.". So Jesus is the only one to be able to fullfill this law because He was the perfect example of what true loved look like. The closest thing you can look at that looks like true love is, the love a mother shows her child. Why, because no matter what that child does the mother will never stop having unconditional love. I know that only through God working within me I will accomplish the fulfillment of the law. And I'll only get a better understanding of what true love is like as life goes on.
          -I heard that you will get a different look at what true love looks like when you get married and, when you have kids. Because when you get married you will see how selfish you really are. And when you have kids you learn how God sees us as his kids. But when we go through these changes in life I believe that we will only get a better understanding of what true love or agape love really looks like.

Applications- memorize this verse.

No comments:

Post a Comment