Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Lifting up others

Ephesians 4:25 "Therefore, putting away lying, “ Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor,” for we are members of one another."

Theme- lifting up one another

This is one of the many lessons I have learned in my time here of ignite. To lift up those you aren't very fond of hanging out with, but when you have to live with them it gets even a little harder. So like I might have said before I wasn't very happy I was staying with four girls I'm with right now. Remember that was when we started our serving time.

The girls weren't my favorite people in the world in the beginning of training, but when we all made the decision in our own hearts to try and make this team work. It began with prayer and led to lifting each other up and encouraging them in all things. So when it came time to say good job, we said it to each other. Speaking for myself that where it all started, and then I injured my knee and sometimes you don't realize how much you love people until they gone. So even though it seemed like just a small gesture of compassion towards each other, in our hearts it was something so much greater. Why?, because it was the work of God doing that in our hearts, and the best we can do is worst than the smallest thing God can do.

So if you are apart of a team, a body, a family, or a congregation. There are three step of lifting people up, prayer, action, and examination. This will help you realize the importance, and effectiveness it has on the body of Christ.

First, is prayer and I'm going to say little about it, but it is the most important part of these three steps. We are to pray without ceasing, and so that means we should constantly be in prayer throughout the day, and start all things in prayer. With doing that it is saying we are giving it up to the Lord before we even know what is going to happen.

Second, following prayer is action. We have to take steps of faith after giving it up to the Lord, we have to listen to what God has to tell us and follow His guidance. And in that we are taking action in which we prayed about.

Lastly, is examination for a good reason. Look at how you feel about your team or whatever you are apart of, and see how it is different. When I was taken out of something I thought I hated, I wasn't happy but devastated that I had to leave my family. And as I sat on my couch thinking about what I left behind in Guatemala, and where I was then. I realized what I had in Guatemala was a 100 times better than what I had in the states.

You will see how much God will change you and those you are communing with in a drastic way. Praying for all of you for we are all apart of the same body.

No comments:

Post a Comment