Saturday, September 12, 2015

Always There For Safety

Psalm 91:2 "I will say of the Lord , “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.”"

Theme- safety

Day by day,
I was slowly dying.
I couldn't go on,
There was something missing..

Until now I'm still searching
For the thing that'll stop my crying.
For someone who'll erase my fears,
For the person who'll wipe my tears.

But till then I'll keep on smiling.
Hiding behind this mask I'm wearing.
Hoping one day I can smile,
Till then, I'll be here.. waiting.

This a part of a poem I feel like a lot of people feel like throughout the an everyday life. I picked this poem because I can feel like it described my life as a high schooler. Now that I'm a teacher you can pick out the kids that live a life like I used to. The title to this poem was called mask and that is exactly what they put on everyday just to be accepted into society.

This is one of those verse I wish I could just make people believe. We get scared sometimes when we think we won't be accepted, so we change everything just so we will fit in. I like to call it being a "people pleaser". This is what I was when in High school. Being in ignite, and being the only guy on a team for six months. You figure it's not worth wearing a "mask" everyday. So you just become yourself and find out who you really are. The coolest thing is you find out who you are in Christ.

What I want my students to understand is that it doesn't matter who you are in front of people of society, only how you conduct yourself as a child of God. Because when we are a child of God when faced with a problem we can run to Him for safety. And it's not like a friend that might bail out on you or won't be able to talk, but like a God that will do anything for you and be everything for you at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment