Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Fighting

Ephesians 6:12 "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places."

Theme- Fighting

The following verse talks about putting on the full armour of God. So that we may walk through every day prepared to face the day. Also when we find ourselves being attacked by the devil, we will know exactly what to do. It's cool to think Jesus doesn't only die for us, which is unconditional love as a living example. But He also gives us the full body of the Lord, not just a quarter of it, or half but the whole thing. I heard this saying a lot, and it always helps when I forget how good God is, "For God so loved the world He gave.......". It made me realize a lot of how little I can or want to do, and how much He has done, and will do in lives that are dedicated to Him.

I say these thing ps because we are in a battle and that is exactly what this verse is telling us. We are under attack by satan, and he is coming at those that are following Christ with everything he's got. For when we are doing the will of the Lord, satan is very happy.

I've heard a lot of stories of people that had crazy stories about demonic attacks, and I always had doubts since the people I heard them about are super spiritual and great followers of the Lord. Until, I had my own experience of a spiritual presence of just pure and utter darkness. I woke up once in the middle of the night, and could just feel darkness so I threw my covers over my head, sweating, and just waiting for something bad to happen. Just think of a 19 year old man, 6' 1" hiding under his covers. Trust me it's something you really don't ever want to experience. It took me probably 30-45 minutes to fall back asleep, because of the utter terror of being asleep when this presence being around me. Then the next night we had a visitor speaking to us, and He had a very similar experience in his past, but the one thing he did differently was, he called out to the Lord and that was the end of it.

God gives us His Holy Spirit to help us walk through everyday experience with the devil. Jude 1:9 "Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”". That is all we have to say when we are under attack, "The Lord rebuke you!" When we are followers of Christ His name and His name alone. We are under attack everyday as followers of Christ, but when we fight the good fight we will be protected by the Lord, and will have the same inheritance as Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment