Thursday, July 23, 2015

Keep Going

Hebrews 12:3 "For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls."

Theme- keep going

So this is a verse that came across me yesterday while we listened to Pastor Joe Focht, and He started with this verse. A little back, my schedule of the day. So Tuesdays we teach english for two hours, then come back for lunch. But yesterday was a little different after lunch when we usually have time to prepare for other classes that we have later on in the week or just rest, I had to cut up this huge stump with a chainsaw that kept locking up every other minute. After getting that done I thought I would have time to catch up on some reading I have to do and do and IBS, but I ending up helping the new class of interns make blogs. Then we had dinner while we listened to Joe Focht, and I've been complaining that I haven't had any time to read or do an IBS. So when he started with this verse it was instant conviction.

So when it feels like you can't stay awake and you have so much to do, just ask God to help. Because after coming back from the states it continually felt like I was climbing a mountain that no man can climb. That is when I cried out for help to God, when I couldn't go anymore on my own strength. I needed help there was no more strength in my body, so when God answered my prayer He gave me a refreshing breath and only with His help I was able to continue on.

Afterwards, I realized that He was correcting my pride, I continue to feel Him breath for me because it almost seems like I forgot how to live my life without Him helping me everyday. Be corrected is never fun, "Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it." This is verse 11, being corrected isn't fun but it will profit us in the end. We are corrected now, so we don't make the same mistake in the future. I call this correcting training, no one likes training before the race, right? People just want to run the race not train for it, but it's necessary to win the race.1 Corinthians 9:24 "Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it." If we want to win the race we need to be prepared for it, don't reject His correcting because He corrects those He loves. And if it feels like you can't go any longer remember what He did for you on that cross, so that we might enter into the kingdom of God. He will give you the strength to keep on going.

No comments:

Post a Comment