Sunday, July 19, 2015

By Faith Live Every Day

Hebrews 11:8 "By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to the place which he would receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going."

Theme- Faith

This verse was a huge encouragement to me when I had to go home because of my knee injury. Before I came to Potter's Field for the the ignite program, God made it pretty obvious to me that I was going to be doing my field time here in Guatemala. So when God had me leave here I was so confused, because He originally promised me that I'd be here for my field time not home. God told me it was His will for me to leave, so willing by faith I left.

Those two words have made a completely different person. See God taught me so many things being home then being healed from my injury, and then coming back. God doesn't break His promises, sometimes it doesn't make sense but in the end God keeps His promises, and until the promise is fulfilled He is preparing you for that promise.

"By faith", we must do all things by faith. I thought I could tackle all the tasks of being on team Guatemala by myself, and that I would just be the perfect intern ever. Philippians 4:13 says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." I was missing the last part of this verse, Christ has to be in it for it to get done. There are some days I have no idea how they went the way they did, but for me those are the best days. The Holy Spirit is there for us every second of every day as long as we confess that we can't do anything without Him, He will help us do the will of the Lord. Im praying for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment